No kidding.
In T-minus 6.5 weeks (but who's counting?) my life as I've known it for the last two years will be abandoned.
All of my things will be packed. My cats will be in various containers under various states of sedation. I may or may not actually be cleared to leave the country.
I'm going to a city where I have no friends, no family, and no job. Every time someone asks me if I'm excited to go "back" to the US, I have to explain that I'm not going "back" to anything. This is just another crazy move, although this time I've got someone waiting for me at the other end.
I'm trying to figure out how to be a writer. That's a hoot. My 30th birthday is around the corner.
And you know what?
All I can think about is whether I'll be able to fit in one dive trip in the next 6.5 weeks, or two.
There is something seriously wrong with me.
By the way, if anyone finds a count down gadget that actually works, do let me know and I'll post it here. June 24 at 1:10 am, this American is outta Cairo.
Hopefully with 12 more dives under her (weight)belt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdclock.html
That sounds too sad!
Welcome to my life! Moving with nothing except love and my own expectations of the future to look forward to. **hugs** I think i have a good idea exactly how you feel.
Except for the cats part - we're too afraid of committment in this house for cats.
You know there is diving in northern Cali. Okay, so you need to surround yourself with metal bars. They just want to give you kisses :)
Post a Comment