Saturday, April 25, 2009

Photojournal 3

Time for a little cleaning of the ol' cell phone pictures directory ... Let's see ....

Ah! Here's something I snapped during one of my commutes home. I spent HOURS in traffic in the bus - literally, an unbelievable amount of time - and finally got to the source of the problem. Fortunately we drove within 6 inches of ...


Ta-da! An accident involving a truck carrying compressed air cylinders. What you can't see from the photos is the gasoline all over the road and the smoking emergency workers. Brilliant! My EMT training almost gave me apoplexy when I saw this.

Here's a delectable offering on a menu in Maadi. Yum, yum - apparently they add a little somethin' special in the kitchen -


This next thing was absolutely incredible, again seen while shopping in Maadi. This is what happens when you have workers blindly churning out products without thinking about them. I would've bought it, except the guy refused to reduce the price for me (a joke is only worth so much money to me) -


At the local supermarket, if you buy a squid, they throw in a little something extra -


And now, for something completely different - juvenile humor -


This one I took in the airport the other day. Egypt is great for crazy juxtapositions like this -


In Egypt, apparently, radios are JUST as dangerous as loaded weapons. Tells you something about the mentality here.

And last but not least, I took this picture yesterday. Something about the jubilance of this subway car appealed to me.


I don't know about you, but there just don't seem to be enough instances of butter thrown into milk, don't you think?

No comments: