Sunday, November 25, 2007

E-rep

It would seem that I've finally arrived on the Cairo blogging scene.

I went to a party Tuesday night (yes, I know, decidedly un-me like activity), and to my surprise, everyone was asking me about rabbit.

"Hey, Tiffany, great recipe! How'd it turn out?"

"Hey, Tiffany, hilarious! I mean, what were you thinking, buying rabbit?"

"Hey, rabbit-slayer, kill anything this week?"

Yikes. I was trying desperately to remember when I'd told my colleagues about this blog. I must've had that "I could've sworn I'd put my pants on this morning" look on my face when finally the party host came to my rescue. Turns out my blog had been linked to another blog - and the guy running the other blog actually intends people to read his. And thinks that other people actually want their blogs read too.

Apparently I'm marching to the beat of the weirdo drum. I remember, what, seven years ago, there were dire predictions that the internet would turn us into a hive of hermits, each of us jacked into a single virtual outlet from our filthy, food-stained caves. Now we've got social bookmarking this, and blogging heads that. Seems to me that in order for these sites to appeal, you have to actually care what other people are doing, thinking, or browsing. Where is the anti-social world I was promised???

Yes, I realize, I'm a terrible hypocrite, blogging about how self-aggrandizing blogging is. Sue me. Or better yet, lambaste me in cyber-space. But most importantly, stay tuned.

Same bat blog, same bat ... blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't worry. With your update schedule, you won't have many readers for long :-)

--
jack
www.cairochronicles.com/jack