How, for the love of God, can I get my cat to stop sitting on my laptop keyboard???
It drives me nuts. Every time I stop typing, the cat is sitting on the keyboard. I like to think she does it to get my hands on her instead of the keyboard. Or maybe she likes the warmth. I don't know.
But she's really good at messing up my Skype account, typing bizzare emails, and deleting entire Word documents I've unwisely stepped away from for a nanosecond.
I've tried yelling at her, throwing her off the keyboard, spraying her with water (not good for the laptop), and even hitting her (not a good tactic in any case). None of these things are working.
Is there some sort of widget that electrifies the keyboard unless you turn off the widget? I can see how this would also be good for small children and meddling coworkers.
Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So I heard this totally amusing interview on NPR one time about this author who was constantly annoyed by his cat climbing onto his lap while working. He discovered that if he wore an aluminum foil skirt, the cat wouldn't sit on his lap. Presumably it was because the cat didn't like aluminum foil, although it could have also been because the guy was obviously nuts. At any rate, I guess you could try wrapping your keyboard in foil every time you leave.
Why don't you get her her own keyboard? You can get one that plugs in to your laptop USB hub.
I remember my cat would come and lay down on my, and later even Courtney's books while studying though. They like the warmth and the attention, and obviously your cat has discovered the center of your attention.
OK, so we've got me wearing an aluminum foil skirt and buying the cat her own keyboard.
Can I do anything else to seem like a crazy cat lady?
Oh, wait, I could give the cat some caviar ....
I also had a suggestion to just view her as an additional firewall ...
Post a Comment