Monday, October 27, 2008

Not that I care what the rest of the world thinks

I found this cool link from a blogging project that a friend of mine is running:

If the world could vote?


Not that I give a damn who those 4 guys in the Seychelles or the 342 Puerto Rican respondants would vote for.

Hey Puerto Rico? Wanna vote? Pay federal income taxes like the rest of us! Oh, wait a sec, did I pay taxes last year? Doesn't matter, they're not going to count my vote anyway.

I am rather intrigued by a single massive outlier. Can you spot the one I'm talking about? What the hell are these 433 people watching on TV? Or is it just one guy clicking "vote" 433 times?

And what are we afraid of, regime change? Our nukes are all dressed up with nowhere to go. Just give us a reason, Canada!

A few weeks ago in Lebanon I was riding a boat through an underground cave system.

Ok, that was a weird way to start a vignette. I've gotta get around to back-blogging that trip.

Anyway, the guy driving the boat stopped us after the trip and asked who we were going to vote for. We responded that only two of us were Americans, but that we'd vote Obama. The guy shook his head and then proceeded to announce that McCain would have his vote. Nonplussed, we stretched our faces into odd grins and hurried away. We didn't even have the strength to ask the Lebanese underground boat man for his counterintuitive electoral reasoning.

It occurred to me afterwards to ask, "Where have you been for the last eight years? Have you been living in a ... ohhhhh, right."

No comments: