Friday, October 17, 2008

Mobile photo diary

I finally got around to moving some pictures off my mobile phone onto my laptop. For some dumb reason my motorola phone takes pictures that are too big to send in SMS.

This first selection I like to call "Things in the supermarket."


"Pet thing"? I think it's a leash.

I laughed my head off when I saw this stupid elephant hood for a cat. Can you imagine trying to actually put this on a cat?




Snake oil? At least they're honest. I have a feeling this is an English colloqualism that just doesn't translate.

I know I've put the horniness cream on here before - but it's still funny.


Here's a picture of our favorite sign in Cairo. KC noticed it first, and I totally didn't get it because I kept trying to read the Arabic (which is the title of a popular song).


I went to a very chic salon in Dokki with some friends a few months ago. It's in a Victoria's- Secret-pink villa and the owner is French. You do the math - although the math came out to cost less than in Princeton for a haircut. The haircut was fine, but here's the horror of letting the Egyptian guy style your hair without understanding what he's offered. I looked like a '50s pinup. My friends were first taken aback, then amused. This picture is after I spent half an hour smushing down the top with my palms. Yikes.


Something I saw at a party, but didn't try (double-weird in a Muslim country):


And finally, not from my cell phone, but here's India's baby picture. She's the one on the right.

No comments: