Last month I saw a story on CNN about an American who was nosing around the protests here in Egypt and surprise surprise, got arrested. He texted a single word - "Arrested" - to his friends on the other side of the world, setting actual legal representation in motion.
Turns out texting wasn't quite what he'd done. He'd been using a program called Twitter, which apparently is for people who absolutely, positively, cannot just sit quietly. No matter where you are or what you're doing, you can send little messages - "twitters" - to your buddies who apparently are fascinated by the minutiae of your boring life. Clearly it's boring, because you're sending messages instead of doing something.
A get out of jail free card? Sure, why not? I signed up for Twitter ... and about 2 hours later I shut the whole thing down. I just couldn't care less what my friends are doing every second of the day. Social networking is clearly not for me. Again. Seems I'm more of a shotgun-and-generator kind of girl.
Ahem. She blogs.
Anyway, this morning, to my shock and awe, I found this article on the New York Times:
Phoenix Lander 'Talks' to Twitterers
I suppose in terms of PR, it's an interesting idea, but honestly??? With NASA's horrendous budget slide over the past few years, you'd think they'd have more important things to do with their time and money.
Like, anything. With, um, science.
come on rocketssssss!!!!!
I’ve landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers! Tears!! I’m here!
Whatever. I guess I should be grateful for space-program interest from any source.
No comments:
Post a Comment