Saturday, May 10, 2008

A brief break

Last night Stupid Movie Night was resurrected from the bomb that was Knocked Up. KU wasn't only not stupid, it wasn't especially funny. And I get seriously irritated by movies that pose interesting problems and then end with "And everything was fine." I thought Juno was a far more interesting look at teenage pregnancy.

Anyway, last night's stupid movie was Eurotrip, one of the funniest movies I've seen in a really long time, smarmy teenagers notwithstanding. I've seen it before, but ignorant cultural stereotyping never gets old for me.

On a totally different note, a friend sent me this link - well, that is, he just sent me the part about the article and left out the hoax. Maybe I should give this to my Scientific Thinking students. ;) And I'm not especially crazy about looking at shark pictures a few weeks before heading off to Marsa Alam for diving ....

No comments: