Day two of diving Dahab and I'm having more fun than should be legal. Seriously.
Today I dove the Bells to enter the Blue Hole. Second dive was to the Canyon.
A few highlights:
- I saw THREE octopi today! One I saw descending the Bells, it just swam past my face. Very surprising. The second was sleeping (?) on some coral and I got within 6 inches of it. I hung upside down and watched it for about 7 minutes. Every once in awhile it fluttered its skin color or texture, as if to remind me that it knew I was there and I wasn't fooling it a bit.
- A spotted eagle ray (my first!) cruised past me in the blue just ouside the Bells.
- A fire urchin, which was less than pleased when Kaddee brushed water over it. I laughed through my regulator, breaking the seal on my mask and flooding my face with water.
- I got the inside of my mouth cleaned by two cleaner wrasses! I almost drowned, holding my breath and trying not to laugh. They cleaned the back of my teeth and nibbled on the inside of my mouth and the back of my lips. Hilarious!
No whale sharks today, despite my intensive overnight prayers. I guess God sent us the eagle ray instead.
And if anyone can catch fish-in-mouth disease, I'm sure I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment